>SPM Calendar of Events
The 2013 Calendar
- June 21st - France's National Music Festival
or "Fête de la musique". France’s national festival of music. For over 20 years, France has celebrated professional and amateur musicians by encouraging a truly people-centred festival.
- Saturday June 22nd - Les 25 km de Miquelon The widely popular Miquelon Marathon, a 15 1/2 mile foot race through gravel, sand, hills, and on a good day...very thick fog!
- July 14th, Bastille Day - celebrate the National Holiday of France in Saint-Pierre & Miquelon. The 14th of july is a national holiday to celebrate the end of the French revolution. This holiday has become very popular and visitors come from far and wide for this occasion. There is musical animation, games for all ages with prizes to be won and a variety of different food stands.
- July 20th to 27th - Déferlantes Music Festival www.deferlantesatlantiques.com
- Mid-August - Miquelon Seafood Festival - Food, Wine & Fun - Organized by the local soccer association, A.S.M., the famous Festival des produits de la mer, or Sea Food Festival features a gathering of over 450 people who get to eat a wide variety of dishes cooked by locals using their unique and time tested recipes. All cooks are volunteers and will also offer a great assortment of French style desserts.
- 3rd week - The Basque Festival - The Basque Festival in August is marked by numerous games of force. Throughout the day both local and Basque food is available and there is entertainment and refreshments up until late night ad we must not forget the traditional evening ball.
- Website of the Zazpiak Bat Association
"Halaber Sen Pieretaco Colunbia eta Miquelu portuco entrada nornoroest susuest eta dire batetic bartcera, 7. lecoa" - Pierre Detcheverry, 1677
2013 France and Saint-Pierre & Miquelon Official Holidays
- January 1st, New Year's Day
- April 1st, Easter Monday
- May 1st, Labour Day
- May 8th, Armistice 1945
- May 9th, Ascension Day
- May 20th, Whit Monday
- July 14th, Bastille Day
- August 15th, Assumption Day
- November 1st, All Saints Day
- November 11th, Armistice Day 1918
- December 25th, Christmas
If you wish to be listed here, do not hesitate to contact us